The ephemeral eternity of halides and other amazing discoveries.
One day I woke up and my sister left me a Soviet-made camera on the bed. I put my eye on the eyepiece and the world appeared before me naked and full of grace.
It coincided that at that time I was studying physics at university, so it didn't cost me much to understand the operation of photography.
But that is not photography, there is something else that physics does not say. I found myself lacking tools that would allow me to use photographic language as a form of expression. That is not science. Transmit my vision of reality in images and, at the same time, be able to express my own inner world to others.
With my knowledge of plastic arts and the great help of my friends Nacho M and Diego D, I was able to gradually develop the capacity for reflection and analysis of contemporary visual arts. Then, with books and my innate research attitude, I could develop a perception and critical approach to reality, and I began to take seriously the profession of photography.
Today, I’m a chemical and digital photographer. It's simple.
Skills & Capabilities
- Construction, production and circulation of photographic images.
- Research in photography, for artistic and academic purposes.
- Contextualize their visual production, their art and work, based on a theoretical and humanistic background.
- Preventive conservation knowledge in photography.
- Notions of video editing, multimedia editing package.
- Passion for movies, graphic novels, science fiction, and general geek culture.
In addition to performing the Photography tasks, I focus on:
- Conceptually exposing knowledge in relation to the expressive qualities of art.
- I participate in interdisciplinary research projects on the photographic image, production conditions, representation and circulation.
- Know, administer and coordinate the management of various instances of photography production and circulation.
- Advice on programming, conception and realization of photographic artistic activities.
- Coordinate and manage photographic projects.
I pay more attention to chemical photography and its image production processes than to digital processes. But I'm very versatile, (as expected in me). The methods of obtaining images for artistic purposes are in themselves my only purpose, I don't care too much about "how do I do it", but rather about "what and why do I do it".